NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths comprises of 16 Chapters for Class 8, which contains 52 Exercises. These Solutions are provided where each of these exercises, have been answered in detail by our team of experts which includes teachers at professionals. These solutions have been compiled in an easy to understand manner, keeping in mind, the perspective of strong, and weak students.
Download chapter wise detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths/ CBSE Class 8 Maths NCERT Solutions .
Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers Class 8 Maths
Class VIII Mathematics opens up with revision of Rational Numbers in chapter 1. It covers important topics like properties of rational numbers like closure, commutativity, and associativity.
It discusses the role of zero and one. Further, it investigates additive inverse, reciprocal, distributivity, rational numbers on a number line and between two rational numbers.
Chapter 2 – Linear Equation in one Variable
Chapter 2 of class VIII teaches the methods of solving different types of linear equations. It familiarises us with some applications of linear equations. We also come across equations reducible to the linear form.
- Exercise 2.1 – Linear Equation in one Variable
- Exercise 2.2 – Linear Equation in one Variable
- Exercise 2.3 – Linear Equation in one Variable
- Exercise 2.4 – Linear Equation in one Variable
- Exercise 2.5 – Linear Equation in one Variable
- Exercise 2.6 – Linear Equation in one Variable
Chapter 3 – Understanding Quadrilaterals Class 8 Maths
Classification of polygons, angle sum property of quadrilaterals, sum of exterior angles of a polygon, kite, parallelograms, elements of a parallelogram, angles and diagonals of parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, and square are discussed in chapter 3 of class VIII.
- Exercise 3.1 – Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Exercise 3.2 – Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Exercise 3.3 – Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Exercise 3.4 – Understanding Quadrilaterals
Chapter 4 – Practical Geometry Class 8 Maths
We further deepen our understanding of Practical Geometry in chapter 4 of class VIII. We lean the construction of quadrilaterals when certain measurements like sides and angles are given, we also learn about some special cases in construction of quadrilaterals.
- Exercise 4.1 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 4.2 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 4.3 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 4.4 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 4.5 – Practical Geometry
Chapter 5 – Data Handling
Chapter 5 for class VIII is a lesson on Data handling. We determine the ways of collecting, organising, and grouping data. We study about bar graphs, pie-charts or circles graphs, histograms, and chance and probability.
Chapter 6 – Square and Square roots Class 8 Maths
In chapter 6 of class VIII, we come across the concepts of squares and square roots. We analyse the properties of square numbers, study patterns, and we learn to find the square of a number.
We are then introduced to square roots. We discover various ways to find square roots like repeated subtraction, prime factorisation, and division method. We learn square roots of decimals and estimating square roots.
- Exercise 6.1 – Square and Square roots
- Exercise 6.2 – Square and Square roots
- Exercise 6.3 – Square and Square roots
- Exercise 6.4 – Square and Square roots
Chapter 7 – Cube and Cube roots
Chapter 7 of class VIII explores the concepts of cubes and cube roots. We learn about interesting patterns that cubes follow. We also learn to find cube root of a cube number.
Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities Class 8 Maths
This chapter further digs the concepts involved in comparing quantities like ratios and percentages. It unriddles the methods of finding increase or decrease per cent, finding discounts, estimation in percentages, profit and loss, calculating taxes, compound interest and its applications.
- Exercise 8.1 – Comparing Quantities
- Exercise 8.2 – Comparing Quantities
- Exercise 8.3 – Comparing Quantities
Chapter 9 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities Class 8 Maths
Definition of expressions, terms, factors and coefficients, monomials, binomials, polynomials, like and unlike terms, addition, subtraction, and multiplication of algebraic expressions are discussed in chapter 9 of class 8.
We also explore the concepts of identity, standard identities, and we applying identities.
- Exercise 9.1 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Exercise 9.2 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Exercise 9.3 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Exercise 9.4 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Exercise 9.5 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities
Chapter 10 – Visualising Solid Shapes
We exemplify our knowledge of solid shapes in the chapter Visualising Solid Shapes. We learn about the various views of 3D-shapes, we learn about mapping space around us. We then discuss faces, edges and vertices, and Euler’s formula by the end of chapter 10 of class 8.
Chapter 11 – Mensuration Class 8 Maths
Chapter 11 of class 8 begins with recalling the previous concepts of mensuration. The area of trapezium, area of a general quadrilateral, area of special quadrilaterals, and area of a polygon are determined.
We are introduced to surface areas and volumes of solid shapes like cube, cuboid, and cylinders.
- Exercise 11.1 – Mensuration
- Exercise 11.2 – Mensuration
- Exercise 11.3 – Mensuration
- Exercise 11.4 – Mensuration
Chapter 12 – Exponents and Powers
The concepts surrounding exponents and powers are further elucidated in chapter 12 of class 8. Powers with negative exponents, laws of exponents, and use of exponents to express small numbers in standard form are are practised.
Chapter 13 – Direct and Inverse Proportions Class 8 Maths
We are introduced to direct and inverse proportions in chapter 13 of class 8. This chapter explores direct proportions, inverse proportions, and helps us understand their application through solving problems.
Chapter 14 – Factorisation Class 8 Maths
Factors of natural numbers, factors of algebraic expressions, factorisation, common factors, regrouping, factorisation using identities, factors of the form (x+a)(x+b), division of algebraic expressions, etc are explained in chapter 14 of class 8.
- Exercise 14.1 – Factorisation
- Exercise 14.2 – Factorisation
- Exercise 14.3 – Factorisation
- Exercise 14.4 – Factorisation
Chapter 15 – Introduction to Graphs
An essential part of mathematics, graphs are discussed in chapter 15 of class 8. We are demystify bar graphs, pie graphs, line graphs, histograms, linear graphs, location of a point, coordinates, and some applications of the explained topics like time and distance, and simple interest.
- Exercise 15.1 – Introduction to Graphs
- Exercise 15.2 – Introduction to Graphs
- Exercise 15.3 – Introduction to Graphs
Chapter 16 – Playing with Numbers Class 8 Maths
Last chapter of class 8 helps us in playing with numbers. We study about numbers in general form, games with numbers, letters for digits, tests of divisibility by numbers like 10 and 2.
You can also download Maths Class 8 NCERT Book Pdf from official website.