NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science comprises of 16 Chapters for Class 6. These Solutions are provided where each of these chapters, have been answered in detail by our team of experts which includes teachers at professionals.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science comprises of 16 Chapters for Class 6. These Solutions are provided where each of these chapters, have been answered in detail by our team of experts which includes teachers at professionals. These solutions have been compiled in an easy to understand manner, keeping in mind, the perspective of strong, and weak students.
- Chapter 1 – Food : Where does it come from
- Chapter 2 – Components of food
- Chapter 3 – Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 – Sorting Material into Groups
- Chapter 5 – Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6 – Changes Around us
- Chapter 7 – Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8 – Body Movements
- Chapter 9 – Living Organism – Characteristics and Habitats
- Chapter 10 – Motion and Measurement of Distance
- Chapter 11 – Light, Shadows and Reflections
- Chapter 12 – Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13 – Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14 – Water
- Chapter 15 – Air Around us
- Chapter 16 – Garbage in, Garbage out
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 Science - Video Explanations
Topics Covered in NCERT Solution for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 Food : Where does it come from?, are as follows:-
- Food variety
- Food materials and sources
- Plant parts and animal products as food
- Plant parts as food
- What do animals eat?
Topics Covered in NCERT Solution for Class 6 Science Chapter 2 Components of food are as follows:-
- What do different food items contain?
- What do various nutrients do for our body?
- Balance diet
- Deficiency diseases
Topics Covered in NCERT Solution for Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric are as follows:-
- Variety in Fabrics
- Some Plants Fibres
- Spinning Cotton Yarn
- Yarn to Fabric
- History of Clothing Material
Fibre to Fabric Class 6 Science Chapter 3 important Keywords are Cotton Wool, Fabric, Fibre, Knitting, Spinning , Weaving and Yarn
Topics Covered in NCERT Solution for Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Sorting Material into Groups are as follows:-
- Objects around us
- Properties of Materials
– Soluble or Insoluble?
– Objects may float or sink in water
Sorting Material into Groups Class 6 Science Chapter 4 important Keywords are Hard, Insoluble, Lustre, Material, Metals, Opaque, Rough, Soluble, Translucent and Transparent.
- Methods of Separations – Handpicking – Threshing – Winnowing – Sieving – Sedimentation, Decantation and Filtration – Evaporation – Use of more than one method of separation – Can water dissolve any amount of a substance?
- Can all changes always be reserved?
- Could there be other ways to bring a change?
Topics Covered in NCERT Solution for Class 6 Science Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants are as follows:-
- Herbs, Shrubs and Trees
Getting to Know Plants Class 6 Science Chapter 7 important Keywords are Climbers, Conduct, Creepers, Fibrous roots, Herbs, Lamina, Lateral roots, Midrib, Ovule, Parallel Venation, Petals, Petiole, Photosynthesis, Pistil, Reticulate venation, Sepal, Shrubs, Stamen, Taproot, Transpiration, Trees and Veins.
- Human Body and its Movements – Ball and socket joints – Pivotal Joint – Hinge joints – Fixed joints
- Gait of Animals – Earthworm – Snail – Cockroach – Birds – Fish – How do snakes move?
- Organisms and the surrounding where they live.
- Habitats and Adaptation
- A Journey through different Habitats – Some Terrestrial Habitats – Some Aquatic Habitats – Do all organisms need food? – Do all organisms show growth? – Do all organisms respire? – Do all organisms respond to stimuli? – Living organisms and excretion – Do all organisms reproduce their own kind? – Do all organisms move? – “What then is life?”
- Story of Transport
- How wide is this Desk?
- Some Measurements
- Standard units of Measurements
- Correct Measurement of Length
- Measuring the length of a curved line
- Moving this around us
- Types of Motion
- TRANSPARENT, OPAQUE AND TRANSLUCENT OBJECTS
- WHAT EXACTLY ARE SHADOWS?
- A PINHOLE CAMERA
- MIRRORS AND REFLECTIONS
- ELECTRIC CELL
- A BULB CONNECTED TO AN ELECTRIC CELL
- AN ELECTRIC CIRCUIT
- ELECTRIC SWITCH
- ELECTRIC CONDUCTORS AND INSULATORS
- MAGNETIC AND NON-MAGNETIC MATERIALS
- POLES OF MAGNET
- FINDING DIRECTIONS
- MAKE YOUR OWN MAGNET
- ATTRACTION AND REPULSION BETWEEN MAGNETS
- HOW MUCH WATER DO WE USE?
- WHERE DO WE GET WATER FROM?
- WATER CYCLE – Disappearing Trick of Water – Loss of Water by Plants – How are clouds formed?
- BACK TO THE OCEANS
- WHAT IF IT RAINS HEAVILY?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF IT DOES NOT RAIN FOR A LONG PERIOD?
- HOW CAN WE CONSERVE WATER?
- RAINWATER HARVESTING
- Is Air present everywhere around us?
- What is air made up of? – Water vapour – Oxygen – Nitrogen – Carbon dioxide – Dust and smoke
- How does oxygen become available to animals and plants living in Water and Soil?
- How is the oxygen in the atmosphere replaced?
- Dealing with garbage
- Think and Throw
- Recycling of Paper
- Plastics – Boon or a Curse?