NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths comprises of 15 Chapters for Class 7. These Solutions are provided where each of these chapters, have been answered in detail by our team of experts which includes teachers at professionals. These solutions have been compiled in an easy to understand manner, keeping in mind, the perspective of strong, and weak students.
- Exercise 2.1 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 2.2 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 2.3 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 2.4 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 2.5 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 2.6 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 2.7 – Fractions and Decimals
- Exercise 3.1 – Data Handling
- Exercise 3.2 – Data Handling
- Exercise 3.3 – Data Handling
- Exercise 3.4 – Data Handling
- Exercise 4.1 – Simple Equations
- Exercise 4.2 – Simple Equations
- Exercise 4.3 – Simple Equations
- Exercise 4.4 – Simple Equations
Concepts of complementary angles, supplementary angles, adjacent angles, linear pair, vertically opposite angles, angles made by transversal like alternate interior angles, parallel lines, etc are discussed in chapter 5, Lines and Angles, for class VII.
Chapter 6 of class VII, elucidates on the triangles and its properties. Topics like median of a triangle, altitudes of a triangle, exterior angles of a triangle and its properties, angle sum property, and equilateral and isosceles triangles are discussed in this chapter.
Other important properties of triangles like sum of two sides of a triangle, Pythagoras property are also explained.
- Exercise 6.1 – Triangle and its properties
- Exercise 6.2 – Triangle and its properties
- Exercise 6.3 – Triangle and its properties
- Exercise 6.4 – Triangle and its properties
- Exercise 6.5 – Triangle and its properties
This chapter further explains to us about properties of triangles like congruence of triangles. We discuss about congruence of angles, criteria for congruence of triangles, SSS, SAS, and ASA congruencies.
This chapter also elucidates on congruence of right angles triangles.
- Exercise 8.1 – Comparing Quantities
- Exercise 8.2 – Comparing Quantities
- Exercise 8.3 – Comparing Quantities
We are introduced to Rational Numbers in chapter 9 of class VII. We understand the need of rational numbers, equivalent rational numbers, positive and negative rational numbers, and rational numbers on a number line.
We also understand the standard form of rational numbers, comparison of rational numbers, rational numbers between two rational numbers, and operations on rational numbers like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
We deepen our understanding of Practical Geometry in chapter 10. We lean the construction of line parallel to a given line through a point not on the line.
Further, we learn about construction of triangles when SSS, SAS,ASA, and RHS criteria are given.
- Exercise 10.1 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 10.2 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 10.3 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 10.4 – Practical Geometry
- Exercise 10.5 – Practical Geometry
Chapter 11 of class VII explores the applications of areas and perimeters. It discusses triangles as parts of rectangles, area of parallelogram, area of a triangle, circumference and area of circles, and conversion of units.
- Exercise 11.1 – Perimeter and Area
- Exercise 11.2 – Perimeter and Area
- Exercise 11.3 – Perimeter and Area
- Exercise 11.4 – Perimeter and Area
The important concepts of Algebraic expressions are elucidated in chapter 12. It teaches us how expressions are formed, the terms of expression, factors of a term, coefficients, like and unlike terms, and monomials, binomials and trinomials.
It elaborates on addition and subtraction of algebraic expressions, finding the value of an expression, and using algebraic expressions in formulas and rules like area formulas, number patterns, etc.
- Exercise 12.1 – Algebraic Expressions
- Exercise 12.2 – Algebraic Expressions
- Exercise 12.3 – Algebraic Expressions
- Exercise 12.4 – Algebraic Expressions
We are introduced to the essential concepts of exponents and powers. We learn about laws of exponents with same bases, and/or same powers. We also learn taking power of powers, and expressing large numbers in decimal form.
- Exercise 13.1 – Exponents and Powers
- Exercise 13.2 – Exponents and Powers
- Exercise 13.3 – Exponents and Powers
Chapter 15 of class VII introduces us to plane figures and solid shapes. Terms like faces, edges and vertices are explained.
Methods of using nets for building 3-D shapes, drawing solids on flat surfaces using oblique sketches and isometric sketches, visualising solids, and viewing different sections of a solid from side view, top view, etc are practised.
- Exercise 15.1 – Visualising Solid Shapes
- Exercise 15.2 – Visualising Solid Shapes
- Exercise 15.3 – Visualising Solid Shapes