Download NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food : Where does it come from
1. Do you find that all living beings need the same kind of food?
Answer – No, Different living beings need different kind of food.
For Example :
a) Cow eats only plants and plant products.
b) Lion eats other animals.
2. Name five plants and their parts that we eat.
Plant – Part that we eat
Spinach – Leaves
Carrot – Root
Mustard – Seeds
Tomato – Fruit
Sugarcane – Stem
3. Match the items given in Column A with that in Column B.
4. Fill up the blanks with the words given:
herbivore, plant, milk, sugarcane, carnivore
(a) Tiger is a carnivore because it eats only meat.
(b) Deer eats only plant products and so, is called herbivore.
(c) Parrot eats only milk products.
(d) The milk that we drink, which comes from cows, buffaloes and goats is an animal product.
(e) We get sugar from sugarcane.
Topics Covered in NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food : Where does it come from.
- Food variety
- Food materials and sources
- Plant parts and animal products as food
- Plant parts as food
- What do animals eat?