NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from?, contains solutions to various questions in Exercise for Chapter 1. At the end of the Solutions, all the keywords and Notes which are important to understand Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from?, have been explained in a simple and easy to understand manner. We are providing NCERT Solutions for Class 6 all subjects which can be accessed by clicking here .
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from – Solutions to Question 1 to 4
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from – Definition of the Keywords – Ingredients, Edible, Nectar, Sprouted seeds, Herbivore, Carnivore, Omnivore
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from – Video Explanation
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from, Exercises includes – Questions/ Answers, Match the column and Fill in the blanks which helps you to understand the topic covered in Food – Where does it come from, in a better manner to help you to score good marks in your examinations.
1. Do you find that all living beings need the same kind of food?
Answer – No, Different living beings need different kind of food.
For Example :
a) Cow eats only plants and plant products.
b) Lion eats other animals.
2. Name five plants and their parts that we eat.
Plant – Part that we eat
Spinach – Leaves
Carrot – Root
Mustard – Seeds
Tomato – Fruit
Sugarcane – Stem
3. Match the items given in Column A with that in Column B.
4. Fill up the blanks with the words given:
herbivore, plant, milk, sugarcane, carnivore
(a) Tiger is a carnivore because it eats only meat.
(b) Deer eats only plant products and so, is called herbivore.
(c) Parrot eats only milk products.
(d) The milk that we drink, which comes from cows, buffaloes and goats is an animal product.
(e) We get sugar from sugarcane.
Topics Covered in Food – Where does it come from Class 6 Science
- Food variety
- Food materials and sources
- Plant parts and animal products as food
- Plant parts as food
- What do animals eat?
Important Terms Relevant to understand NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1 – Food – Where does it come from: –
Ingredients: Ingredients are the things required to prepare something. For example, flour and water are required to make chapatis.
Edible: Food that can be consumed without any harm to the body is called as edible.
Nectar: The sugary liquid found in flowers that birds and bees consume, is called nectar. Nectar helps in pollinating by attracting pollinators. Bees use nectar to make honey.
Sprouted seeds: When seeds germinate, a white structure grows out of them. Such seeds are called sprouted seeds. They are healthy to eat and a good source of nutrition.
Herbivore: Animals that only feed on plants and plant products are called herbivores. Cow is an example of a herbivore.
Carnivore: Animals that feed on other animals are called carnivores. Lion is a carnivore.
Omnivore: Animals that can feed on both plant and animal products are called omnivores.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science
- Chapter 2 – Components of food
- Chapter 3 – Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 – Sorting Material into Groups
- Chapter 5 – Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6 – Changes Around us
- Chapter 7 – Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8 – Body Movements
- Chapter 9 – Living Organism – Characteristics and Habitats
- Chaapter 10 – Motion and Measurement of Distance
- Chapter 11 – Light, Shadows and Reflections
- Chapter 12 – Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13 – Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14 – Water
- Chapter 15 – Air Around us
- Chapter 16 – Garbage in, Garbage out