NCERT Solutions Practice Questions
Express into Decimal.
Whenever, we have a mixed fraction, it would consist of two parts.
Whole Number Part = 5
Fraction Part =
The Whole Number Part would remain the same.
Step 1: Write the given Decimal without the Decimal point as the numerator of the fraction.
Step 2: In the Denominator, write 1 followed by as many zeroes, as there are Decimal places in the given Decimal.
Step 3: Convert the fraction into simplest form.
Dividing Whole numbers by Fractions:
- When a whole number is divided by a fraction, whole number is to be multiplied by the reciprocal of that fraction.
- In generalise form, for any whole number ‘a’ and fraction
a ÷ = =
- Reciprocal of a fraction, fraction are said to be reciprocal when we simply reverse the fraction i.e numerator becomes denominator and denominator becomes numerator. Two fractions are said to be reciprocal of each other if their product is 1.
- In generalise form, for any fraction
Reciprocal of = ; = 1
Types of Fractions, deals with various concepts which are as under:-
- Proper Fraction
- Improper Fraction
- Mixed Fraction
– Convert Improper Fraction to Mixed Fraction
– Convert Mixed Fraction to Improper Fraction