Syllabus of Maths class 3
Shapes & Spatial Understanding
• Creates shapes through paper folding, paper cutting.
• Identifies 2-D shapes
• Describes the various 2-D shapes by counting their sides, corners and diagonals.
• Makes shapes on the dot-grid using straight lines and curves.
• Creates shapes using tangram pieces.
• Matches the properties of two 2-D shapes by observing their sides and corners (vertices).
• Tiles a given region using a tile of a given shape.
• Distinguishes between shapes that tile and that do not tile.
• Intuitive idea of a map. Reads simple maps (not necessarily scaled)
• Draws some 3D-objects.