Syllabus of Maths class 4
Shapes & Spatial Understanding
• Draws a circle free hand and with compass.
• Identifies centre, radius and diameter of a circle.
• Uses Tangrams to create different shapes.
• Tiles geometrical shapes: using one or two shapes.
• Chooses a tile among a given number of tiles that can tile a given region both intuitively and experimentally.
• Explores intuitively the area and perimeter of simple shapes.
• Makes 4-faced, 5-faced and 6- faced cubes from given nets especially designed for the same.
• Explores intuitively the reflections through inkblots, paper cutting and paper folding.
• Reads and draws 3-D objects, making use of the familiarity with the conventions used in this.
• Draws intuitively the plan, elevation and side view of simple objects.