Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Answers

Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Outcomes of Democracy covers all Extra Questions and Answers of various types i.e. from short questions to long questions, related to the topic so as to help the students with their preparation by helping them do an in-depth study of the topic.

  • This chapter mainly talks about the expected and actual outcomes of democratic government by showcasing both the positive and the negative aspects of this form of government.
  • This chapter also talks about the factors like quality of government, economic well being, inequality, social differences, conflicts, freedom and dignity.

Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions are Answered in detail by our team of experts which includes teachers and professionals. These solutions have been compiled in an easy to understand manner, keeping in mind, the perspective of strong, and weak students. We are providing NCERT Solutions for Class 10 all subjects which can be accessed by clicking here.

Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Answers – Very Short Type Questions: [1-2 marks]

1) Democracy is based on the idea of _______ and ________.

Ans) Deliberation, negotiation

2) Democracy ensures that decision making is based on ________ and _______.

Ans) Norms, procedures




3) ________ is the factor that is often missing in a non-democratic government.

Ans) Transparency

4) Democracies generally do not have a track record when it comes to _________.

Ans) Sharing information with the public about its decisions

5) The routine tales of ________ tells us that democracy is not free of this particular evil.

Ans) Corruption

6) One aspect where democracy is surely better than its other alternatives is that democracy is a ________ government.

Ans) Legitimate

7) Comparing dictatorships and democracies for 50 years from 1950-2000 which form of government performed in case of overall economic growth?

Ans) Dictatorships

8) Perhaps more than development, it is reasonable to expect democracies to reduce _________.

Ans) Economic Disparities

9) Democracies are based on __________.

Ans) Political equality

10) In ________, more than half of its population lives in poverty.

Ans) Bangladesh

11) What reduces the possibility of tensions becoming explosive or violent in democracies?

Ans) Procedure to conduct the competition

12) ______ and, _____ and _______ is thus a definite plus point of democratic regimes.

Ans) Ability to handle social differences, divisions, conflicts




Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Answers – Short Type Questions: [2-4 marks]

1) What are things that are expected that democracy should provide us with?

Ans)

  • The real choice of choosing the rulers via whom the citizens want themselves to be governed is the first and the most important feature of democracy which it should provide to its citizens.
  • People should be allowed to play their part in the decision making procedure.
  • Also, it is expected that in a democracy the government will be accountable to the citizens for its actions taken and the needs, desires and wishes of the citizens will be taken care of in this form of government.

2) State two outcomes of a democracy that’s are right to expect.

Ans) Two outcomes of democracy that are right to expect out of it are:

  • Firstly, democracy as a government which follow procedures to make decisions.
  • Secondly, it to be accountable to the people for its actions.

3) State a few practices and institutions that one needs to look out for in case of democracies?

Ans) One is expected to look out for the following institutions in case of judging democracies:

  • Free and fair elections
  • Open public debate on major policies and legislations
  • Citizen’s right to information about the government and its functioning.

4) Name the factors on which economic development depends on?

Ans) Factors on which economic development depends on are as follows:

  • Country’s population size
  • Global situation
  • Cooperation from other countries
  • Economic priorities adopted by the country




5) What is democracies’ status when it comes to equal distribution of wealth?

Ans) Even though democracy is considered to be the best form of government among the rest, yet democracies fails to address this important concern. In most democratic countries, the disparity among the rich and the poor is very high where on one hand top 10% people have 90% wealth, the remaining 10% wealth is distributed among the rest 90% of the population which clearly shows the gap. Even though a large part of voters is from the poor sections, yet democracies have miserably failed in their attempts to curb this economic disparity among various sections of the society.

6) The example of Sri Lanka reminds us that democracy must fulfil two conditions to achieve the ability to handle social differences, divisions and conflicts. State these two conditions.

Ans) The two conditions that Sri Lanka points out to us that need to be fulfilled to achieve the ability to manage social differences, divisions and conflicts are as follows:

  • A collaboration of both majority and minority opinions to achieve a general and collective view.
  • From Sri Lanka’s example, we also get to know that rule of the majority doesn’t refer to majority in some religious, social or any other manner but it means the rule of the majority in a collective manner where from every community like-minded people put forward their views and choices representing their needs.

7) What does the fact that people often complain in a democracy represent?

Ans) The very fact that people in a democracy keep complaining about their needs and requirements even after considering that democracy is the best form of government shows that democracy as a notion is successful. It gives people the freedom to express their needs and demands and also provide them with a real choice so that they are free to govern themselves in a manner they want. People in a democracy are aware, able and have the capability and choice to critically analyze the situations and raise questions in case they are not satisfied.




Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Answers – Long Type Questions: [4-6 marks]

1) Write in brief why democracy is better than other forms of government?

Ans) Democracy, which is of the people by the people and for the people government,  seems to be better compared to other forms of government because of the following reasons.

  • Firstly, democracy promotes the concept of equality among the citizens of the nation and also boosts their self-respect.
  • Secondly, democracy provides with a method to resolve any kinds of clashes among the citizens and also improves the quality of decision making among the leaders.
  • Also, democracy gives the freedom to experiment, make mistakes and improve upon them.
  • Democracy is a type of government which is accountable to people and justifies its actions and policies to the people and is responsible and answerable for the actions it takes, to the citizens.
  • Also, in a democracy, the needs and desires of the people play a crucial role as a democratic government is bound to take up actions which are in favour of the public at large or else it can be removed from power.
  • Democracy also provides equality of opportunity to hold the power as it’s not a hereditary rule.




2) Respect, Dignity of woman and Restriction to Caste Inequalities are three different aspects that play a very crucial role in the case of democracies. Explain in brief how each of this plays the role.

Ans) Democracy stands at the superior position when it comes to providing the citizens with respect, dignity and equality.

Respect: Respect is a key element  of democracy and respecting the choice of people, providing them with the freedom of choice, speech, expression etc. is a crucial element. Every individual expects respect in return of their acts and activities and democracy,  an age-long from its very inception, has given this notion supreme importance. It provides people with rights that are essential to live in a society with respect and dignity. For example, Article 21 of Indian Constitution guarantees that every citizen has the right to live with dignity. This provision proves as to how much importance is given to this notion.

Dignity of women: For any society to function properly, it is very essential to maintain a proper sex ratio and gender equality. The concept of gender equality generally becomes difficult to be maintained in a patriarchal society like that of India which is majorly male dominated. However,  several provisions have been made which not only take care of the women as a gender but also provides them with dignity, respect and rights. These provisions can only be made in societies where the form of government is democracy as democracy ensures that there is an equal representation of all the sections of the society.

Restriction on caste inequalities: Caste is a topic uniquely found in India where people are divided and discriminated based on castes. However, since India is a democracy and that democracy provides the opportunity of equality to all members of the society and restrains the government on discriminating the citizens of the nation on any basis such as caste, as a result of which an environment of equality is created. The discriminated caste identities are given recognition and benefits to help them avoid discrimination of different forms.

If you have any feedbacks on Outcomes of Democracy Class 10 Civics Chapter 7 Extra Questions and Answers please write us on comment box.

Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Leave a Comment