PAPER – 6 D: ECONOMIC LAWS
(One paper – Four hours – 100 Marks)
To develop an understanding of the provisions of different economic laws and acquire the ability to apply such knowledge to address issues in practical case scenarios.
1. World Trade Organization (WTO) covering its Role, Principles, Functions and Dispute
2. Competition Act, 2002 and Rules/ Regulations
3. Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 [Central Act and Rules/ Regulations]
4. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and Rules/ Regulations
5. Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and Rules/ Regulations
6. Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and Rules/ Regulations
7. Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988 and Rules/ Regulations
Note: If new legislations are enacted in place of the existing legislations, the syllabus would include the corresponding provisions of such new legislations with effect from a date notified by the Institute. Similarly, if any existing legislation ceases to have effect, the syllabus will accordingly exclude such legislation with effect from the date to be notified by the Institute.
The specific inclusions/exclusions in the various topics covered in the syllabus will be effected every year by way of Study Guidelines, if required